This holiday season many businesses can utilize social media to drive traffic to their website. In this article, you will find out the top 7 techniques using social media channels like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and YouTube to attract potential customers and make sales.
1. Use a festive Facebook cover photo. Your cover photo should be something you are promoting this holiday season. Ensure that you put a URL and description. When uploading a cover photo, you should choose seasonal themes that will connect to your audience emotionally. It should also highlight your brand and message. You should also be discerning and subtle with your colors and themes.
2. Create Pinterest boards that are related to the holidays. One good idea is to make a gift idea board with gifts from all around the internet with your own products included. Put Pin It buttons on the product pages of your website and feature most pinned items on your home page. Make sure your featured Pinterest pins are well photographed so holiday shoppers will get the full effect.
3. Create a fun holiday video in YouTube and put a hidden discount code. It could be 10 or 20 percent discount on every purchase, a free gift or free shipping. The goal is to let people know there is an offer code hidden in the video to promote viewing and sharing. In the description don’t forget put a link to your landing page or sales page.
4. In Twitter and Instagram use hashtags that are related to the holidays, you should research for appropriate holiday hashtags. Some good examples are #Christmas2014 and #HoHoHo. Experimentation is the key to finding what hashtags will work for you. Also, put a dedicated link to track visitors who click through. Other popular hashtags for Twitter and Instagram are #wishlist, #christmasgifts, #stockingstuffer, and #holidayshopping.
5. Curate content for your audience about topics related to the holiday season. For example, give advice about what to wear or bring to family gatherings or corporate events. You can also write about gift ideas for 2014 without spending a lot of money.
6. Ask your Twitter followers to share their holiday tips and memories. People love to share their tips and advice so get your followers talk about their activities, purchases, and festive habits. To get people sharing or tweeting, start a discussion and end it with questions like “Where did you spend your last holiday season?” “What is your favorite holiday food?” or simply “What is your favorite Christmas song?” You should use hashtags to keep track of your conversations.
7. One effective strategy is to hold a contest or giveaway. One of the best ways to ignite the holiday spirit is to hold a holiday-themed contest. Photo contests with a prize are fun way to get new followers and increase customer engagement. According to a survey, 64% of Facebook users say they are likely to share a link about giveaways or holiday contests. You can also hold a daily prize draw campaign like 12 Days of Christmas, which is held over 12 days until Christmas to encourage followers to check out your Facebook page every day.